Swim Workouts Release Notes
RELEASE 1.7.1 02/18/2016
- Removed subscription option and subscription advertising for the time being.
- Removed Team and Event functionality (unused).
- Streamlined front page.
- Removed "Promoted User Workout" container and added "User Created Workouts".
- Created weekly workout email for workout authors to allow them to view statistics on the workouts they've posted (views, prints, tweets).
RELEASE 1.7 02/02/2016
- Added ability to copy & edit workouts within the database.
RELEASE 1.6 11/30/2015
- Added ability to sort/reorder circuits and sets on the Workout creation and editing pages.
RELEASE 1.5 10/30/2015
- Added Standard User Workout Statistics which is based upon a user's workout log.
RELEASE 1.4.7 10/26/2015
- Added reCAPTCHA to registration page to prevent bots from registering on the site.
RELEASE 1.4.2 09/24/2015
- Added Glossary linking to workout set descriptions.
- Added Glossary term aliases so that multiple representations of the same term will auto-link to workout set descriptions.
RELEASE 1.4 09/21/2015
- Added event posting and promotion as a premium member feature.
RELEASE 1.3 08/31/2015
- Implemented Teams to allow swimmers with similar goals to group together.
- Added premium membership subscription to site.
- Added social media hooks to workouts.
- Added mobile device layouts.
RELEASE 1.2.6 08/19/2015
- Added Swimming Glossary which will hold terms found in posted workouts. Swimming Glossary is in the Swim Workouts dropdown menu. Glossary is a work in progress while we catch up.
- Implemented notification emails (admin only) for various activites on the site.
- Modified some page copy to incrase search engine visibility.
RELEASE 1.2.5 08/14/2015
- Added Preferred Distance Unit (yards or meters) and Course (short or long) to User Profile
- Added Distance Unit to workout to specify between yards based and meters based workouts
- Added logic which will convert yard based sets and intervals to meter based sets and intervals (and vice versa) depending on user preferences
- Modified Workouts page to show post conversion distances where applicable
RELEASE 1.2.4 08/13/2015
- Updated Registration page to list benefits of registering for a free account
- Added user registration reminder to top of workout view
- Changed "Get Started For Free!" on front page to link to registration page
- Added a flag to users which will prevent unscrupulous individuals from repeatedly posting offensive materials.
- Added "My Workouts" link which will list a users submitted Public, Private, and Team (soon) workouts
- Added logic which forces Names/User Names to be unique just as email address must be unique
- Added ability for standard users to post private workouts. Users can select "Just Me" under visibility to prevent workouts from appearing on the main workout index
- Added error messages to login and registration screens so users will know what they messed up
RELEASE 1.2.3 08/12/2015
- Added "Workouts Created Today" link at top of homepage
RELEASE 1.2.2 08/12/2015
- Added Development Roadmap and Release Notes pages
- Added "views" to workout database table in order to track number of times a viewout has been viewed
- Fixed domain DNS issue causing http://swimworkouts.net to resolve to a parked page and not the actual site.
- Removed "breadcrumbs" from site landing page
RELEASE 1.2.1 08/11/2015
- Restructed Home Page
- General bug fixes